Work in the UK for Non EU migrants

There are different routes for a Non EEA Migrant to enter into the UK for employment or to set up business. There are basically five main routes to venture into the uk for the purposes of work or setting up a business.

Most of the work-based categories are part of the UK’s points-based system for immigration.

If you want to visit the UK for a short time as a businessperson, sportsperson or entertainer, you may be able to come here as a visitor. The Visit Visa section contains more information.

If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, the European nationals section explains your right to live and work in the UK.

High-value migrants (Tier1 PBS)

Tier 1 Points-based system contains following categories:

Skilled workers (Tier 2 PBS)

There are 4 categories of skilled worker under the points-based system:

Other work based categories

The following work based categories of people are allowed to come into the UK for the purposes of employment.

  • Domestic workers
  • Contract seaman
  • Representative of overseas business
  • Clinical attachments
  • Film crew on location
  • Overseas qualified doctors taking the PLAB test
  • Postgraduate doctors and dentists